Ever eaten out somewhere and wondered how you could make what you had at home?
Well, wonder no more. For, we’ve launched a new feature named ‘Sourcing the Sauce’ which will help you recreate your favourite dishes from the comfort of your manor.
First up? Jerk Sauce.
With origins in Africa, Jerk sauce or seasoning is used to add spice, flames and flavour to all sorts of meals but is usually applied to poultry and fish and, as far as its taste goes, is as diverse as the culture it derives from!
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento (allspice berries)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed.
- 6 -8 garlic cloves.
- 4 -6 scotch bonnet peppers.
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme or 2 tablespoons thyme leaves.
- 1 -2 bunch scallion (green onions)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg.
What to do with it all?
1. Puree the ingredients listed below in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Rub the sauce on what you’d like to season and let it marinate overnight.
Cook up and eat up!